The NCC took the lead in establishing the Digital Bridge Institute, a tertiary institution with three central objectives in mind. First is to provide students with quality education and training; second is to engage in world-class research; and third is to engage in outreach and public services.
In view of this, the institute's objectives are to:
- Promote the development of human resources capacity by training personnel in telecoms and ICT sectors of the economy;
- Establish training facility with mordern infrastructure and technology for training engineers, ICT professionals, policy makers, and regulators in the relevant and related sectors of the economy.
- Educate future leaders in technology industries of all kinds, leading to several graduate degrees in telecommunications, ICT, and related areas.
- Ensure our students will exit the program, with a rounded understanding of the policy, law, and technical ramifications of Telecom and ICT worlds, wether they are technology policy makers, developers, implementers or entrepreneurs.
- Support and develop policy and technology conferences and workshops in conjuction with other tertiary institutions, the government, and the industry, as well as other meetings and events which will create learning opportunities to exchange ideas.
- Develop and distribute proceedings (through conferences)and other written content through appropriate publications and electronic media, such as the publication of group research (Capstones) and individual projects (Theses).
- Maintain a Center of Excellence in Nigeria and Africa as the original and leading professional program in telecoms education.
- Develop dialogue between telecoms service providers, vendors, regulators, educators and users for ongoing learning opportunities through individual courses and certificates, as well as academic degrees. When possible, such discourse should lead to specific industry-funded research projects by faculty and by students (through faculty ad-hoc projects, as well as through students' Capstones and Theses).
- Create a strong alumni network to promote social networking, career advancement opportunities, and entrepreneurial efforts in technology businesses. The alumni network should also give back to the program through active participation as guest speakers, educational interaction (e.g., mentoring projects), and financial contribution.