NIGERIAN COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
The Commission Secretariat (CS) is a department in the Commission (NCC) which manage and coordinates the activities of the Board as well as obtain Board approval for Management proposals. The Commission Secretariat collates and presents all necessary documents that will assist the Board in taking decisions. In addition to the above, the Department is saddled with the following responsibilities;
- Keeps all corporate records and Seal of the Commission
- Coordinates Secretarial Responsibilities of the Commission
- Organizes Board and Board Committee meetings
- Formulates Meetings agenda either with the Chairman, the EVC or the the relevant Head of Department or Chairman of the Committee established by the Commission.
- Prepares notices of Board Meetings, Executive Management Meetings and other meetings and circulates same to the affected members.
- Collates, organizes and distributes relevant meeting documents from the Departments or members for the meeting.
- Liaises with relevant Departments and Committees for their input into Board Papers and presentations where applicable
- Prepares minutes of the Board and Executive Management Meetings
- Communicates Board decisions and resolutions to the affected Departments in the Commission
- Follows up the implementation of Board decisions and resolution for the Board.
- Prepares and evaluates all Agreements between the Commission, its Contractors and Consultants.
- Executes Agreements in conjunction with the EVC or any other designated signatories in the Commission.
- Records and keeps vital documents of the Commission
- Keep the Official Seal of the Commission and affix it on appropriate documents of the Commission.
- Oversees logistics (transport/sitting allowances) and welfare of Board Members
- Organizes induction for new Board members as well as search for their relevant trainings
- Organizes retreat for the Board Members.
Commission Secretariat is divided into two units:
- Board Affairs /Management Meetings Secretariat Unit
- Legal Advisory & Service Agreements Unit.
LOCATION AND ADDRESS OF CONTACT PERSON
Seventh (7th) Floor,
Nigerian Communications Commission,
Plot 423 Aguiy Ironsi Way,
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Mr. Felix Adeoye
Tel: 09-4617405, 09-4617000
To ensure efficient and effective coordination of the Board affairs and ensure perfect execution of service and contract agreement on behalf of the Commission.
A proactive, knowledge based and devoted team dedicated to the support of the overall objective of the Commission
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
Commission Secretariat coordinates Board, Management and Meetings of the Commission which include the following
- Board Meeting
Board Meeting is made up of the Chairman, Commissioners, Executive Vice Chairman/CEO and Executive Commissioners. The Board meeting holds for a minimum of 4 (four) times and a maximum of 8 (Eight) times in a year as mandated by the government. However, if any urgent issue that requires the Board attention arises, a special Board meeting could be convened.
- Board Committee Meetings
- Board Licensing and Regulations Committee: Made up of some Board Commissioners
- Board Engineering and Standards Committee: Made up of some Board Commissioners
- Board Finance and Establishment Committee: Made up of the EVC/CEO, EC(SM) and other two Board Commissioners
- Board Projects Committee Made up of the EVC/CEO, EC (TS) and other two Board Commissioners
- Management Meetings
- Management Licensing and Economic Regulations Committee (MLERC): This meeting, which is chaired by the EVC, is convened on a need basis but usually precedes the Board Licensing Committee as the recommendations made are usually considered for adoption at the Board Licensing Committee. Applications sent to the Commission for licenses are usually discussed and recommended for the Licensing Board Committees approval. The Committee also considers new licensing categories and proposed regulations for the industry.
- Executive Management Meeting (EMM) Members of the meeting are heads of definable departments/units. The aim of the meeting is to address issues raised by the EVC and also enable Directors/HODs or HOUs escalate issues that are not resolved at the Departmental level for discussion at the meeting. Directors are expected to attend the meeting in person and not in a representative capacity.
- General Management Meeting
This meeting is purposely made for the EVC/CEO to interact with Senior Managers and above.
- Adhoc Committees
These are usually set up to resolve issues and present reports to the Board or Management. This could be made up of Management and staff from various departments of the Commission.
- Weekly Wednesday Meetings
Every Wednesday between (8.30am - 9.30am) all the departments in the Commission meet to discuss their work, schedule, reports, etc. Minutes of the meetings are forwarded to the Commission Secretary, for record purposes
- Meeting Between the Commission and Operators or Other Third Parties
On regular basis, the Management consults with the Operators and other stakeholders in the industry to discuss cogent issues in the industry. Rapporteurs within the Commission are appointed to cover the proceedings.
- Commission Secretariat coordinates the activities of the Board and obtain Board approval for Management proposals.
- Commission Secretariat collates and presents all necessary documents that assist the Board in giving approvals and taking decisions.
- Commission Secretariat issues Board Resolution to the affected Departments.
- Commission Secretariat prepares and ensure the execution of all contractual agreement entered by the Commission
- Commission secretariat coordinates the Organization of major meetings of the Commission
In carrying out its responsibilities, Commission Secretariat interface with all Departments of the Commission especially in matters of the submission and representation of Board Papers to the Board and also in some instances interface with procurement in matters of contractual agreements and Contractors.
GRIEVANCE REDRESS MECHANISM
Stakeholders are enjoined to seek redress by calling or preferably writing to the Nodal Officer whose details are listed below;
Nigerian Communications Commission Headquarters,
Plot 423 Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
Tel: 09-4617410; 09-4617000