NIGERIAN COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
The Financial Services Department was established to keep proper accounting records that disclose, with reasonable accuracy, the financial position of the Commission, which comply with the requirements of the enabling laws. It is a service department that provides support to all the stakeholders within and outside the Commission. It also provides timely and accurate accounting information predicated on sound principles and conventions capable of meeting international standards to stakeholders.
The Finance Directorate is structured into four units namely:
- Planning, Budgeting and reporting
- Financial Accounting
- Reconciliation and payroll administration
- Credit Control
Third (3rd) Floor,
Nigerian Communications Commission Headquarters,
Plot 423, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Mr. Yakubu Y. Gontor
Tel: +234 9 461 7180; +234 9 461 7000
To provide timely and reliable financial information and services to satisfy our stakeholders ensuring efficient revenue collection, improved cost control and financial discipline.
To be a standard for the provision of timely and accurate financial information with impeccable level of integrity.
Our goal is to be a responsive service directorate, ensuring that the resources of the Commission are optimally generated, employed and accounted for with improvement in cost control and financial discipline.
- Members of Staff
- Federal Ministry of Finance
- Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation
- Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation
- Federal Ministry of Budget and National Planning
- Other Government Institutions
- Federal and State Inland Revenue Service
- National Assembly
- Federal Ministry of Communications & Digital Economy
BASIS OF FINANCIAL REPORTING
The financial statements are prepared on the basis of historic cost as posted in the books of accounts, supported by reasonable and prudential judgments and estimates, and consistently applied in line with the provisions of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) Accrual accounting Basis. We are also guided by the following extant laws:
- The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- The NCA 2003
- Financial Regulations
- Financial Circulars issued by the OAGF
- Fiscal Responsibility Act
- Financial Reporting Council.
- Staff and Third party payment processing
- Data entry and posting of payments and receipts to general ledger and safe keep of documents.
- Preparation and management of payroll
- Coordinate preparation of the annual budget of the Commission
- Budget monitoring and performance reporting
- Bank and imprest Reconciliation
- Fixed Assets Management
- Remittance of Taxes: WHT, VAT, PAYEE to relevant agencies of government
- Preparation of financial and management reports.
- Processing of cash advances and retirements
- Administration of imprest
- Collection of revenue
- Periodic revenue collection visits to operators
- Preparation of action plan, budget and activities of the department.
- AOL assessments
- Financial Document Management
- Preparing cash forecast
- Departmental performance reports
In discharging the above services, the Finance Services Department is committed to provide quality and timely services to both internal and external customers. The Department shall ensure that its services shall be discharged in accordance with the five core values of the Commission, namely integrity, excellence, professionalism, responsiveness and innovation. The Department will continue to operate within the ambits of the Nigerian Communications Act 2003 and other laws of the land within its mandate and resources.
The Department will continue to operate within the ambits of the Nigerian Communications Act 2003 and other laws of the land within its mandate and resources.
- Budget Constraint
- Timely approval by management
- Inter-departmental cooperation.
This charter shall be reviewed based on consultations and feedback from stakeholders to ensure its continuous relevance.
GRIEVANCE REDRESS MECHANISM
In the event of non-satisfaction of our services, customers are advised to seek redress by visiting, calling or writing to the nodal officer, whose details are given below:
Mrs Falmata Musami Baba-Marte
Servicom Contact Person
Finance Service Directorate
Nigeria Communications Commission headquarters,
Plot 423, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama
All complaints will be acknowledged within 24 hours and addressed within 5 days depending on the nature of the complaint.