There are no current vacancies for employment in the Nigerian Communications Commission.
Vacancies as they occur shall be advertised in the National newspapers and on this webpage. Thank you.
Vacancy opportunities exist in the Commission from time to time for:
The Nigerian Communications Act, Part 2 - Establishment of the Governing Board and its Membership outlines the condition and criteria for the appointment of Commissioners (Executive and non-Executive).
Accordingly, Section 7(1) states that Commissioners shall be persons of recognized standing, qualification and experience in one or more of the following fields;
- Finance or Accounting
- Consumer Affairs
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Information Technology
- Engineering (General)
- Public Administration
Section 8(2) of the Act states, “The Board shall make recommendations to the President on suitably qualified persons for appointment as the Commission’s Chief Executive and Executive Commissioners and the President shall take the Commission’s recommendations into consideration for the appointment.”
In view of the above, prospective applicants for Executive Commissioner position are expected to have a minimum of 20 years of experience working in one or more of the relevant fields stated above. Consequently, intending candidates should kindly review conditions specified in the Nigerian Communications Act before forwarding their details.
Vacancies opportunities for regular staff are based on identified job openings within the various Departments and Units.
The Commission announces vacancies for qualified candidates with 5 to 10 years relevant working experience for the following positions:
- Economists: Candidates must have a degree in Economics, any of the Social Sciences and /or Business Administration
- Accountants: Candidates must have a degree in Accounting / Accountancy and / or Banking and Finance. ICAN or its equivalent is required.
- Lawyers: Candidate must possess LLB, BL. LLM is an added advantage. Experience and Certificate in Telecoms Law and / or Telecom Regulation are added advantage
- Project Manager: Candidate must possess relevant degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics / Statistics, and /or Applied Physics Electronics / Physics. Experience and Certificate in PRINCE2, Project + or equivalent is added advantage.
The Commission engages the services of some professional firms from time to time to manage services that are not core functions of the Commission.
The engagement of such firms is in accordance with stipulated Federal Government Due Process guidelines and regulations.
As part of National Development and Service Scheme for Nigerianstudents, the Commissions accepts students on Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) from various tertiary institutions.
Aptitude tests are conducted for intended SIWES members; acceptance is based on availability of space and the result of the aptitude test conducted.
Other Telecoms Related Employment Opportunities & Vacancies
Vacancies existing within other Telecoms Related organizations such as the ITU are also published on this website for Interested Parties.
|Contact:||Head, Human Capital Department|