As part of continuing efforts to provide efficient management of the radio frequency spectrum in Nigeria, the Commission is putting in place a modern Spectrum Management and Monitoring System (SMMS). As part of the SMMS implementation, detailed information is required about current and continuing utilisation of frequencies assigned to telecommunications operators, equipment operating on those frequencies and sites/locations where they are deployed, etc.
The information is required for creating a database on the utilization of frequencies and associated information that will be constantly updated. The records will provide an invaluable resource for
- facilitating resolution of interference
- spectrum planning, policy; and
- the overall spectrum management strategy of the Commission.
All telecommunications operators are accordingly required to furnish the relevant information to the Commission according to the prescribed format and also update same periodically as specified by the Commission.
- 70/80GHz (E-Band) Link Deployment for Backhaul, Last Mile and Enterprise Services
- Click on the following link for pdf Guidelines (408 KB) on deployment on the 70/80GHz Band.
- spreadsheet Base Station Data Gathering Template (55 KB) - This is to collate Base Station Data from all telecommunications operators.
- spreadsheet Deployed Microwave Links Reporting Template (478 KB) - This is for all operators of telecommunications systems or networks, public or private, that have deployed microwave links. Operators are required to file subsequent updates of the deployed microwave hops on the 7th of January and July.
- spreadsheet License Exempt Spectrum Registration Form (21 KB) - This is for all users of License Exempt frequency bands to register the spectrum in use by their operations.
- spreadsheet Satellite Services Deployment Reporting Template (16 KB) - This is for all Earth Station service providers, Space Segment providers and Equipment vendors to provide detailed information about their deployments/activities and also to update the information at regular intervals.
For further clarification and/or assistance, please contact the Spectrum Administration Department via telephone on +234-9-461-7000.