The Month of October is the National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). This is observed annually and focuses on raising awareness about Cyber security, providing the public with general knowledge and tools to help them keep safe when on the Internet.
Educating consumers on online safety, through awareness and sensitization campaigns, empowers them by making them aware of both the positive and negative potentials available online and measures to take in safeguarding themselves.
Security is not reserved to just one group alone; collectively we join forces, bringing our competence and knowledge to help build a safer and more inclusive Information Society.
This year we will focus on the following themes:
• Week 1: General Notices on online etiquettes and use
• Week 2: Security Tips for Parents, Administrators and Children
• Week 3: Building Resilience - Trends, Risks and Safeguards
• Week 4: Provisions of the Cyber Crime Act 2015
• Week 5: Cyber Security, Our Collective Responsibility