The attention of Telecommunication Operators are hereby drawn to the following:
- That following consultation with the industry, the commission has decided to re-channelize the 23 GHz microwave frequency band from its original 7 MHz plan to 28 MHz plan in accordance with recommendation ITU-R.F. 637-4.
- That this new plan takes effect from May 30, 2017.
- That a two year switch over date for migration from 7 MHz to 28 MHz channel spacing in the 23 GHz band is effective from May 30, 2017 to May 30, 2019.
- New assignments on the band shall hence forth be based on the 28 MHz plan.
- Channel aggregation shall no longer be allowed.
Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta, FNSE
NIGERIAN COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION